Crossing the Blues

Sunday, June 13, 2010

St Ives Scrubs, Soaps, Baby Stuff!

I have a strange feeling that my soap obsession has been hidden and festering in me for quite a while cause below are some of the Soap\Shampoo Bottles that I hauled back from Japan last year! I bought these from The Loft, which has something for everyone on every level. Do visit if you are going over to Japan. I bought my home lights from there, cosmetic products, stationary etc… u get the drift, amazing products at amazing prices.

Too bad, I didn’t foresee this handmade soap craze and didn’t get any soap dishes from there!

 

DSC_0080

Anyways, this is how I am currently storing the soaps that I want to use or display.

It’s super easy cause I bought the clear bottle from Muiji ( Daiso has nice clear bottles too) and you can cut up your soaps to whatever size you would like and store. Just grab whatever smells you desire and bath! Yummy.

image 

Below is  my current soap dish and it isn’t 100% ideal for storing soaps but at least it isn’t flat so water won’t be pooling around the bar of soap. I use small cuts of soaps, so it tends to dry off pretty quickly.

photo

Here’s 2 pictures of an ideal soap storing tray. It allows all the water to drain off and the soap can air nicely.

Natural cedar soap dish

http://ny-image1.etsy.com/il_fullxfull.151077573.jpg

Pictures from LessMagnets' ( etsy)

 

 

I still love commerical bath and body pdts too, high quality ones that is. St Ives products are getting harder to find in Singapore and seem to be sold only in John Little.  I saw this on Saturday and I loved the smell and packaging of this in-shower exfoliating oatmeal and shea butter body polish. Smells amazing and feels creamy.

DSC_0102

Texture wise, this body polish is very gentle and great for people with sensitive or dry skin.  Exfoliate your skin once in a while and you’ll find body care products sink in a lot better:)

DSC_0104

The ever famous St Ives Apricot Scrub. Have to have this. A real staple for the face and body. Leaves a good pink glow on the skin after use :)

 

DSC_0107

Lately, alot of people around me have been either coming back to Singapore for a visit or going on short vacations. Baby Boy and I have received some gifts in the process!

My sweet Aunt got me baby clothes from Australia that are so so adorable. Shall show u the cutest one cause there are lots of clothes and I think it might bore u !

 

DSC_0095 

DSC_0084

 DSC_0081

Than, my mother in law, who has been so so so amazing, bought my hubby an ipad from US. It’s fun but a little bulky. Graphics look amazing.

DSC_0085

 

She also bought me this Coach Diaper Bag! Drools. Love it and mega storage space to bring the whole world with me :)

DSC_0096  

DSC_0100

Have a great week people!

 

image