Crossing the Blues

Thursday, June 3, 2010

Etsy – Pure Simplicity Soaps & Tiny Update

  Hi Girls!

I took a picture of my snacks and seriously these Oreos look so good!

IMG_4952

 

Long Story Short, I’m already into my 30th week .

Mr Blovet and I have been through so much drama from my 14th week to present with the baby, family and my new home .

 

Just as the renovations on  my new home were about to begin, I was put on strict bed rest.  At 14 weeks, my pregnancy had not stabilized and I am not trying to scare anyone but things don’t always go as  planned or expected. Thankfully, I had alot of help from family, hubs and most importantly religion.  Now that I am in my 30th week( thank God), I truly enjoy feeling my boy’s kicks, punches and rolls. He’s so cute and leaves my tummy in the strangest of shapes especially when I am lying down.  He’s a curious little one and loves to listen to people yacking and will always kick me when I am yacking with his daddy. I was telling a good friend that babies in the womb are so amazing cause you can piece bits of his personality together just by observing his kicks and punches and seeing what he responds to while in the tummy.

 

These pair of baby crocs were bought for baby boy sometime around 16 to 18 weeks pregnant and I literally cried when my hubby showed them to me. Pregnancy makes you so emotional, its  not even funny. I treasure them so much as it is  Baby’s first gift even before he’s born.

 

I love his daddy so much ;)

IMG_4962

My body has changed (huge boobs & butt, stretch marks, you name it, I have it) , my personality is slowly but surely returning, my likes are still pretty guy orientated and makeup is still not my hot favorite thing( gotta wait a bit longer I guess). 

BUT, I thought I would help  this extremely quiet blog along with a recent obsession < Handmade Soaps from ETSY >- i wish there was smell – a - vision for this on you tube so that I could get a whiff of the soaps being reviewed!

 

I’ve been obsessive about smells. My favorite lately has been Dr Bronner’s LAVENDER soap. The smell of lavender is so soothing and it’s really uplifting for a tired pregnant body. I’m sure those of you who are constantly stressed out would feel pretty rejuvenated from a whiff of this amazing soap. The best part is that Dr Bronner is all Fair Trade and Eco Friendly and the ingredients are natural and so so good for the skin.

SO I DIGRESSED >> back to the topic at hand, ETSY Soaps

 

Over at Etsy, you find all these amazing looking pictures of handmade soaps and since I am deprived of LUSH in Singapore (yes, I have checked the Australian and UK Lush Website & I  would never order online cause the shipping rates are RIDICULOUS, absolutely horrible).I wanted to try BIG Shampoo, Ocean Salt, Honey I Shrunk the Kids, Buffy from Lush BUT I can’t, so I’m hoping my good friend can ship them back for me :)

 

 

Look at some of these ETSY Handmade Soaps:-

Gorgeous, decadent and Yummy looking

 

Seller:ajsweetsoapCherry Chip Whipped Cream Parfait Body Mousse

 

Seller:treatsoap

Strawberry Jam Donut Soap

Seller:thesoapseduction

Yuzu Crazy

These are just a few of the amazing soap makers on etsy….

SO, omg just get to the topic at hand already! hehehe

 

 

As a handmade soap virgin, I bought  some Lush Dupes from PURE SIMPLICITY SOAPS on etsy.The package took around 13-14 days to arrive and here’s what I bought:

 IMG_5046

I bought 3 bars of soaps and she sent an extra sample and I do intend to cut them up and pass some over to my frens to try and hopefully they might fall in love with handmade soaps. There’s so much good oils in them unlike the commercial soaps which are packed full of perfume and all sorts of fragrances. I like the purity of ingredients that goes into each handmade soap and I do feel like I am treating the earth way kinder by using less chemically based soaps.

 

When I first got the soaps, I was a little bummed. They looked a little melted and kinda dented probably from all the tossing around in the mail.  I took each bar out to smell and the one that I liked most was Honey BEE. Second was the chocolate Truffle and last was Nantucket Briar. The sample soap had no smell to it but it was a really pretty opaque white.

IMG_5049

IMG_5048

 

 

I sliced them into small bits and have used them in the bath. Heck, I even forced my hubby to use chocolate Truffle, so I could smell him afterwards. My Verdict is that CHOCOLATE TRUFFLE is Addictive. It smells so so so good once it has come into contact with water. Is that strange or what? It smells like a chocolate cake that has melted and is all gooey and yummy and mind you, the ants were even attracted to it! Stay away little ants, Chocolate truffle is MINE!  It leaves a very light fragrance on your skin and no you won’t smell like cocoa, you just smell like you put on some light perfume and the best part is your skin feels moisturized. Unlike commercial bar soaps, it’s best to dry out the soap once you have used it in the bath. Put it in a soap container so it can dry out and breathe. It does look pretty creamy once it has been left to dry. Try not to leave it in the shower or it will just waste away from all the water accumulating in the shower area. My advice would be to cut it into strips and use them bit by bit. A little goes a long way. 

 

IMG_5050

 

 

HONEY BEE  smells very yummy in and out of the shower.  This soap leaves the best smell on my skin. It smells like sexy honey & brown sugar poured all over your body. Amazing Warm Rich Scent. Smells even better after use!

 

IMG_5056

Nantucket Briar is my least favourite scent. It is way too floral, too girlie and a little too heavy for me to handle. I am going to cut it into cubes and display it in a clear container because it just looks so darn Pretty! It has sparkles on the top. This soap looks gorgeous but smells pretty yeeky to me. Smells are so personal, I may hate it and u may like it, so go give it a try.  If anything, I like to take the dried out strips of soaps and smell them! It is very therapeutic in a way :)

 

IMG_5058

 

I got 2 other products from Pure Simplicity. A cupcake Bath fizz and sugar scrub. The smells are overwhelming sweet so next time I think I will stick to just the bar soaps.

 

Cupcake Bath Fizz ( I dun even have a tub! ) They crumbled and did not take travelling well :(

IMG_5060

 

Sugar Scrub ( these sugar cubes didn’t look all that great when they arrived, not sure why?)  I was thinking of using these as a decor item in my bathroom as well :)

IMG_5042

 

That’s all for now. I do have more soaps arriving & I got my eye on more soaps! Take Care Sweet Peas

 

** I gotta update my blog layout and it needs an overhaul, thanks for still coming over to read my ramblings :)

 

 

image